Well, as the title suggests, I am going to cover top 100 SEO tips in this post; so, please look at it if you’re serious about learning search engine optimization, and implementing them on your blog/website.
Let’s start things off with the top 10 seo tips necessary for basic optimization of your blog.
Part 1: ‘Top 10 Seo Tips’
1. Using Appropriate Meta Keywords – Adding the correct meta tags can greatly improve the SEO of your website. For example, I have added meta keywords like ‘how to make money online’, ‘SEO Tips’, and all possible things that relate to this blog.
2. Avoid using deceptive Meta Keywords: On the contrary, it is necessary to mention that using deceptive meta kw that don’t relate to your blog can be bad for SEO of your site, and Google doesn’t like that either!
3. Adding Sufficient Meta Description – If you’ve an e-store that sells latest best smartphones, you may want to add lot of meta KWs, and description so that the search engine bots pick up the relevant info. For instance, you may want to add Nokia cell phone as Meta KW, and Nokia N 96, Nokia N 97, Nokia 97 Mini, Nokia E 71 etc in Meta Description.
Dealing With Images
4. Adding SEO Friendly Image Titles: It’s always a good idea to add an image to most of your web pages. While doing so, you must make sure that you put appropriate image titles so that the search engines pick up data about the images displayed on the site. For example – img1-seo or img-ser-seo-pic1 isn’t an SEO friendly image title. Consider using titles that describe the contents of image such as ‘Tips on SEO‘
5. Adding alt tag to images – Don’t forget to fill the ‘alt tag’ while adding an image, since search engine bots can pick only the ‘alt tag’ descriptions & they can’t read the images (just like blind visitors).
So, your HTML image code should look like < img src= ” Image location ” alt= ”Image Name” Title= ” Image Name ” > instead of simply < img src= ” Image location ” >
6. Limit the Flash Usage: When it comes to flash, you should keep it 10% flash, and 90% HTML/PHP – usage of excessive flash can be really bad for SEO!
8. Don’t Use Invisible Links: Tweaking with CSS to make the text invisible (whether deliberately or unknowingly) can cause disasters on your SERP rankings; make sure that text links are easily distinguishable from the normal text on your site.
9. Don’t Create Doorway Pages: Webmasters get tempted to make use of ‘Blackhat SEO tactics’ such as creating doorway pages; remember, visitors should be your target – not the search engines!
10. Load Time: After designing the site/blog, you must test its load times. Remember, if it’s an interactive site, the load time may drastically get affected if too many users are logged in at the same time. You can make use of Pingdom Tools to monitor your site loading time.
As this post is getting too lengthy, I will be covering this series of Top 100 SEO tips in 10 different parts. So, stay tuned for the upcoming parts in this exciting SEO tutorial series!