Looking to buy a superbike in India? Well, here are some of the best superbikes in India, for those who’re not willing to shell out more than 10 lakhs.
First off, apologies to my readers for being unable to post for past 10 days or so – actually I was down with some bad fever, and I’ll cover that story separately; apparently I had caught a rare fever that couldn’t be detected by any of the common tests like Dengue, Malaria, Typhoid, TB etc… Anyway, after getting better, I’ve been on the hunt for superbike, and in past 1 week, I’ve researched a lot online as well as offline, and compiled this list of superbikes that I found to be worthy enough (read my comments next to them if you want to buy any of them in Bangalore)
• Kawasaki Ninja 650R – 5.35L on-road price in Bangalore; but endless booking period in B’lore (bookings closed since June 2011, and no word on when it’d open & no test drive bike here!)
• Yamaha Yzf R6 – not yet launched in India, but looks quite a promising option within 10 lakhs.
• Yamaha Sz1 – 1000cc – close to 10L on-road
• Suzuki GSXR 600 – not yet launched, but again yet another nice choice around 6 lakhs
• Suzuki Hayabusa – 15+ lakhs on-road, but that’s a dream machine, so it’s on the list, and I’m definitely going to test drive it this weekend!
• Suzuki Bandit – 10.34lakhs on road – another cool Dhoom bike, which I’m going to test drive, but may not cough out over 10 lakhs on a superbike (my wife will massacre me!)
• Hyosung GT 650R – 5.7 on-road; Hyosung 650N Naked version – 5.25L on road – this is what I’m looking at, with great anticipation, and just took a test drive today – read my post on best superbikes within 5 lakh budget.
• Harley Davidson SuperLow XL883L – 6.7L on-road – but that’s a cruiser, not sports bike, though very classy!
• Honda 1000 CBR – 11.64L on-road – another killer machine but once again over 10 lakh budget.
So, it all boils down to looks vs comfort, and I’ll certainly be going for the looks! GT 650R is what I’d be picking up most probably – but this weekend I’m going to test drive few more awesome superbikes, and I’ll keep you guys posted on that!
Update: I bought the Hyosung 650r on January 16, 2012, and started a new blog too! And, I’d humbly request all Hyosung fans to join the club, and we’ll try to do an outstation trip sometime!